Thursday, November 08, 2012

My Personal Library Statistics

I finally added all of the additional Kindle editions that I've purchased lately to my Bookpedia data set and here are my current statistics.
  • Total Library: 1965
  • Art: 132
  • Biographies: 107
  • Children's: 71
  • Cooking: 149
  • Gay: 623
  • Germany: 79
  • History: 90
  • Kindle Editions: 111
  • Literature & Fiction: 629
  • Mysteries: 164
  • Reference: 99
  • Women Religious: 52
  • In German: 210
 Sadly, the majority of books that I've purchased lately have been Kindle editions. I have picked up a couple of great hard copy cookbooks lately, but they are the only ones. As much as I love my Kindle and my iPad (which I usually use to read for pleasure), I still love the feel and smell of a, dare I say it, "real" book. The sheer feel of the physicality of the book brings pleasure. I guess I will always keep buying the real thing as long as I can.

No comments: