Thursday, December 17, 2009

Writing Again

Writing is easy for some people; for others not so much. Some writers admit that putting pen to paper is an arduous and often frustrating exercise. Yet they write nonetheless, daily, with fervor and determination. They create. It may hurt. A day’s effort may prove to be dreck. But they write on.

I’m one of those determined but frustrated writers. I want to write. I want people to read what I write. But I can’t seem to relax enough to allow my writing to be spontaneous. I’m too self-critical, so I stop writing.

I started this blog to counter that tendency to over critic. I figured a blog would be a safe, less frustrating venue to hone my writing skills and maybe conquer or at least subdue my writing demons. After all, it’s pure conceit for many, if not most bloggers to believe there is an audience out there just biting at the bit to read their posts. The reality, for most of us, is that no one except a few friends and perhaps the occasional blog junkie will ever even find our blog let alone find it interesting.

But now I’m back with fresh enthusiasm and optimism. I can’t promise daily posts or wildly inventive reviews, but I can promise interesting posts, some honest self-reflection, and perhaps some fun.

No comments: